Artists who wish to submit an application to the VR artist residency in Crans-Montana must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application. There is no upper age limit.
- Applications must be made by the responsible person identified by the team. The group can be composed by a single individual up to a maximum of four people.
- Only online applications made using the application forms on the VR artist residency in Crans-Montana website will be considered. No exceptions will be made. The application forms must be completed in English.
- During the three months of the residency, residents will have to prototype an interactive experience in virtual or augmented reality. While any reference – direct or purely abstract – to the Swiss Alpine environment as a main source of inspiration is highly encouraged during the creative process, there are no restrictions or obligations in what concerns the type of artistic expression, style or medium.
- A motivation fee of 30 CHF (thirty Swiss francs) is to be paid upon application. This fee is non- refundable, whatever the outcome of the application.
- The selection committee reviews the applications within 5 weeks. The decision made by the VR artist residency in Crans-Montana committee regarding each application is final. No explanation will be provided in the case of a negative response to a candidate’s application.
- The team who is invited for a VR artist residency in Crans-Montana must meet and agree to comply with the conditions stated in the Agreement document. This document will have to be signed.
- In case of a declined application, candidates may apply the following year.
- Selected residents may only apply again after 3 years following their residency.